From May to August The Woolshed, which formerly served local farmers, is transformed into a tasteful, contemporary space ideally suited for yoga retreats, small to medium sized workshops, training sessions, meetings, teambuilding retreats, weddings or art exhibitions. The only hint of its former life can be found in the corrugated iron exterior cladding, now beautifully painted to suit the surroundings. Accommodation is available in The Cottage and Studio accommodation for retreats.
• a generous-sized meeting area with polished timber floor
• moveable tables and comfortable seating for 20 – 30 people
• easy access to terraced outdoor areass via large sliding double-glazed doors
• wheel-chair accessible toilet and shower
• well-equipped kitchen/lounge area for self-catered coffee and lunch breaks.
The Old Barn is located across the lawn from the koi pond and overlooks the olive grove, organic garden with traditional stone wall, and mountain ranges beyond.
It was rescued from near-demolition by a delightful young couple (our son Ben and wife-to-be Antje) who saw its potential as a gorgeous country wedding venue and persuaded us to renovate. In a veritable labour of love, we felled some of our own pine and Monterrey Cypress trees to create timber for framing and cladding. Family working bees saw The Barn enclosed in honey-coloured wood, bathed in light from art-deco lampshades, and floored with natural wood shavings so fitting for such a beautifully rustic venue. Their wedding was a total stunner.
Since then, our expansive gardens and The Old Barn have gone on to host a number of beautiful, memorable summer weddings, as well as other events such as a book-launch, end-of-year business functions, birthday celebrations and concerts. The Barn can comfortably seat up to 100 guests. It has a wooden stage on hay bales lit by spots and with convenient power points for the band, and a great little dance floor area.
If an authentic country-style wedding is your secret desire, talk to us about how to make the best of our grounds and Barn, as well as The Woolshed facilities and accommodation for your family and overseas guests.
• Rustic old wooden barn with a sawdust floor
• Hay bale and wood stage for a band
• Beautiful vintage lighting through out and spot lights for tables
• Packed with ambiance
• Old wine barrels for food/glasses/ props etc
• Outside braziers available on request
Lancewood Villa is a 12.5 hectare permaculture farm where we grow a wide variety of vegetables and food-producing trees including olives, apricots, almonds, plums and apples. There are excellent spots throughout the property for wedding ceremonies, lawn games, and beautiful wedding photography.